The Oregon League of Conservation Voters (OLCV) is the political voice of Oregon's environmental community. OLCV is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that passes laws to protect our natural legacy, elects pro-environment candidates, and holds our elected officials accountable. OLCV is committed to creating a culture of justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and outward. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our staff as our Communications & Membership Coordinator.
Job Description: The Communications & Membership Coordinator works to engage and grow the number of active OLCV members. This position helps craft and execute a communications plan to activate online supporters and recruit new and diverse supporters through emails, social media, and other mediums. This position also manages OLCV’s website and other day-to-day communication needs. Additionally, this position supports the development team by drafting fundraising appeals, managing OLCV’s monthly donor program, and more.
We are looking to hire: an enthusiastic person with a desire to change the world through the political process and a strong commitment to: the environment; climate action; OLCV’s mission; and racial, social, and environmental justice. You’ll be a team player, a quick learner, an effective writer, and a hard worker with strong interpersonal skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
● Write and create online content for advocacy, engagement, and fundraising efforts
● Manage all aspects of social media, increasing and diversifying OLCV’s online reach
● Grow and manage OLCV’s list utilizing best practices as well as testing creative list-growing techniques
● Manage and maintain OLCV’s website using Wordpress
● Work with development team to create a plan and set goals for membership-level fundraising
● Support development team with in-house mail appeals
● Manage and grow OLCV’s monthly donor program
● Share in OLCV’s commitment to working on equity and justice
Some qualities and skills we appreciate:
● One year of relevant experience
● Strong writing skills and the ability to write quickly and effectively on a deadline
● Experience engaging others on social media and online
● Demonstrated experience crafting effective online advocacy, or other relevant content
● Experience or comfort with membership databases, tracking, and analysis of online engagement/activity
● Experience designing graphics
● Knowledge or comfort with website development
Location: This position is based in Portland, but staff have the ability to work remotely. This position requires minimal and infrequent travel with notice.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $42,000-$45,000/year along with holiday, PTO, sabbatical, retirement, and health/dental/vision benefits. The Communications & Membership Coordinator will have access to significant training resources both in-house and at National and Regional LCV conferences.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter (one page describing why you’re a good fit), and two writing samples via email to email@example.com with Comms/Membership Coordinator in the subject line. The hiring team will begin reviewing applicants December 15th. No phone calls please.
OLCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and people of color are encouraged.