MissionThe Oregon Climate Action Hub is on a mission to empower ALL Oregonians to take effective climate action.
Who We AreThe Oregon Climate Action Hub Core Team consists of the following:
- Karen Wolfgang, MA (she/her) - Core Team convener (LinkedIn profile)
- Diana Jones (she/her) - Technical Team convener
- David Hakan (he/him) - Communications Team convener; Pachamama Alliance leader
- Coral Avery (they/them) - Shawnee Tribal citizen (LinkedIn profile)
What You’ll Find HereWelcome to this comprehensive information hub about opportunities to take effective climate action within the state of Oregon. Our goal is to build individual and community capacity for action, and encourage each of us to live in ways that create a vibrant future for all. You can find opportunities to take action at individual, community, organizational, and/or policy levels.
This site includes projects that have these results:
- Reduce sources of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Enhance nature’s carbon sinks to support sequestration (pulling down) of CO2.
Projects achieve these outcomes by:
- Fostering equity for all through an intersectional approach.
- Building a broad-based community infrastructure for climate adaptation.
Effective Climate ActionWe ask all who post action opportunities here to consider how your project:
- Creates the social and cultural conditions needed to reduce emissions, enhance carbon sinks, and/or cope with the climate changes already occurring.
- Takes place at an individual, household, community, and/or policy level.
- Offers an extended “menu of options” so that there’s something for everyone.
- Works at the intersection between what utilizes participants’ unique skills and what brings them joy.
Other questions we ask folks to consider when posting an opportunity:
- Does the project recognize that individuals and communities have a wide range of carbon footprints and capacities for action?
- Are there opportunities to expand inclusion, in terms of who is leading the project, taking action or deciding what “counts”?
- Does the project improve quality of life within the community?